Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chapter 6: Q2


There was a time in my freshman year of college that I was accused of cheating on a test with two other students. I knew who had cheated on my paper and he kept begging me to take the fall because his parents would have serious consequences for him. I began to think that this could affect my entire life and that I should be worried about myself and my consequences, rather than worrying about his. My critical thinking skills came in handy because I could have easily taken the fall for it and been kicked out of San Jose State, had I not thought things out. I realized that he did not care about my life and my schooling because he was busy thinking about his. As bad as I feel, I told my professor who had cheated and she luckily believed me. Although there was pressure and a lot at stake, I was able to use critical thinking skills and found a solution to a potential problem.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aliana Grey,

    It is always hard in those situations because you don't want to feel like a bad person or a snitch. If the person who cheated knew that there would be serious consequences, then he shouldn't have cheated in the first place. He should have known better, especially during a serious college exam. It was also selfish of him to think that it would be a better idea for you to take the fall. In this situation, it is better to worry about yourself than to worry about him. I'm glad you decided to tell the truth and that your professor believed you. Even if the truth may hurt someone, you need to do what's right for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it’s always hard when someone puts you in a position like that. I too have been asked to take the blame for something I didn’t do before. Sometimes I said yes, because I thought it would be worse for them than it would be for me, other times I said no. I don’t think it’s ever easy to know when you should fall on your sword for someone, especially when it is someone close to you. If it is any consolation, I think you made the right decision in telling your professor. It doesn’t seem to me that he really did care about you either. If he had, he would not have put you that position.

    ReplyDelete