Friday, October 19, 2012

Ch.4 Q1.

After reading chapter 4 in Think, I believe that there is a thin line between wisdom and knowledge. I do agree with Aristotle that “wisdom is the greatest virtue.” Anyone can become knowledgeable in any subject/issue. Knowledge is what we go to school for and learn politics, mathematics, and English. Knowledge is viewed as facts. Knowledge can also be described as being literate or knowing how to become an expert in something specific. In college, we acquire both wisdom and knowledge. As I said earlier, we learn certain subjects but students become wiser in certain aspects. Wisdom are life lessons experiences through knowledge received. Wisdom is gained through experiences people have and this is also acquired in college. Students encounter experiences by dealing with different situations and people with different personalities. When getting older, numerous experiences help in becoming wiser than before. I  have gone through very difficult situations that have made me knowledgeable about trust have made my wiser in choosing friends. Wisdom and knowledge are both important at the end of the day.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you worded this post. It seems that many of our classmates, including myself, agree that we acquire both knowledge and wisdom during our college years. When you stated that, "wisdom are life lesson experiences through knowledge received," I thought that this was the perfect way to relate the two. Wisdom is the life experiences and we use our knowledge to experience life to the fullest. I think you stated this well, and the relation is clear to your readers. I also like that you made a point to say that both knowledge and wisdom are important because they drive everything we think, learn, and do.

    ReplyDelete