Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ch. 11 Q.1

The media has gradually become more important to my life. Knowing how media can alter a story or mislead the public has made me not trust what I see on the news. I follow the media by twitter, Facebook, and YouTube because I personally do not watch much TV or read the newspaper. I am interested in politics and I think the media is a top source who provides it. During the election time the news informed me on issues that I was not completely informed on. During the second presidential debate, between Republican candidate Mitt Romney and Democratic Candidate Barack Obama, President Obama was accused by Romney of not using the term “terrorist attack” when speaking about the death of four American’s in Benghazi. The host, as well as Obama, both said Obama did use the term and made Romney look like a liar. At the end of the debate, the news discussed the highlights on the debate and it turned out that Romney was right when he said Obama did not call the attack a “terrorist attack.” I was in favor of Obama so I did not question it when the host agreed with him, but after hearing the news people say Obama was wrong was a shock to me. Because of the media, I have become more informed on certain topics and I have further researched issues I hear on the news. It is not good to believe everything you read or hear, as we have learned in this class.

1 comment: