Friday, November 16, 2012

Ch. 12. Q.1

          “A fast pace, with many letters, phone calls, errands, meetings, or discussion, is on the agenda. You may feel mentally restless, impatient, and overly eager to get your own ideas across. Also, a situation may arise which requires you to say what is on your mind, to make a decision, or to clearly voice your personal opinion on some issue.” I personally have never believed in horoscopes because they are so easily falsifiable. It might be accurate but I feel like it describes daily troubles. My horoscope basically says that I am facing many phone calls, errands, and that I feel restless. I do feel this way most of my days while I am in school. I have trouble managing my time so I do not feel like this only today. One of my arguments would be that they are never specific or accurate, but I feel that horoscopes make generalizations. My roommate follows her horoscope and she always says that it is accurate. I feel that when people are dependent on horoscopes, people start to believe what the horoscope is telling them without it being true. Seeing as how I don’t ever follow horoscopes, reading this one today assured me of how inaccurate they can be and easily be false.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that horoscopes lure people in with generalizations. I’ve known people that really believed in the stuff and after reading mine this week I can somewhat understand it. My horoscope was fairly accurate but I’m sure it would have been that way for just about everyone. The statement it made about me was ambiguous and the advice it gave was nothing more than common sense. I’m sure that most people would be able to see this if they would only detach themselves from their personal investment in the horoscope. However, most people look to horoscopes for assurance and security and are likely unwilling to let that go.

    ReplyDelete