Friday, November 9, 2012

Ch.11 Q.2

In Chapter 11 of Think, Sadler and Hunt both argue their thoughts on internet plagiarism.  Sadler argues that plagiarizing is not fair, unethical and almost a theft move by the person who commits it. Sadler also believes that if people plagiarize, it does not benefit the person at all, neither in the long run. The other author, Hunt, says that plagiarizing should be a right that students should have. I agree with Sadler and his argument because I view plagiarism as cheating and not doing the work you’re supposed to be doing. If I were an author and I knew that students were using my work and passing it as their work I would be insulted because I would want students to do their own work. How will students get an education by stealing the work of others and not taking the time to do their own work. Hunt does not make a good argument as to why is should be a student right to plagiarize. Stadler convinces me and I have always been a strong advocate against plagiarizing.

1 comment: